Peterborough County OPP responded to a traffic complaint about a possible impaired driver on Bass Lake Road shortly before 9 a.m. on Sunday morning.
Officers located the vehicle travelling at 102 Km/h in a posted 50 Km/h zone. The vehicle was stopped and police determined the driver had been drinking alcohol.
Justin Watson, 24, of Douro-Dummer Township was arrested and charged with:
• Impaired Driving
• Driving a vehicle with more than 80mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood
• Stunt driving – in relation to excessive speed
• Driving a vehicle with open container of liquor
He is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough on October 13.
Impaired driver in Norwood area
Asphodel-Norwood Township – OPP were contacted about an intoxicated male on Peterborough County Road 40 shortly before 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
Local witnesses described an intoxicated male driving on a flat tire and was also witnessed knocking on doors near the Village of Norwood. Investigators located and arrested the male.
Justin Cory Tisdale, 26, of Colborne, was charged with:
- Having care and control of a vehicle while impaired.
- Having care and control of a vehicle with more than 80mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood.
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Peterborough, Ontario on Oct. 6.