Peterborough city and county residents who have accumulated outdated electronics, bulky items, appliances, and more will have a chance to shed them next week.
The city and county are hosting an Environment Day Tuesday, September 20, from 3 to 7 p.m. at 791 Webber Avenue (beside Value Village).
You can bring any of the following for recycling:
• Electronic equipment (used computers, televisions, cameras, printers and personal electronic devices)
• Scrap metal items (BBQ’s, lawnmowers, filing cabinets, metal hangers, pots & pans)
• Anything with a cord (toasters, hair dryers, lamps electric tools, small appliances)
• Bulky plastics (patio furniture, toys, laundry baskets, etc.)
• Children’s car seats
• Hard-covered books
• Video & audio tapes, DVDs, CDs and vinyl records
• Carpet – must be dry – and cut down to manageable sizes
• Styrofoam Packing Pieces (no trays, take-out containers, etc.)
• No freon items will be accepted.
Special event pricing will be available on blue boxes, composters, and “Blue in the Loo” containers will be available – cash only please.
This event is for households only, no commercial loads.