Five people face charges after police seized marijuana plants and weapons from a property south of Kinmount this week.
On Wednesday and Thursday, OPP’s Central East Drug Enforcement Unit executed two search warrants. They seized more than 1,000 marijuana plants in various stages of prodution.
They also seized commercial marihuana production equipment, a .22-calibre rifle and a crossbow.
Charged with production of marijuana and possession of a Scheduled II substance (marijuana) for the purpose of trafficking were:
– Brandon Cuthbert, 27, Beaverton
– Brent Cuthbert, 25, of Beaverton
– Mary Ann Farnell, 39, of Uxbridge
– Bradley Francis, 28, of Kinmount
They are scheduled to appear in Lindsay court on Nov. 3.
Also charged was Frederick York, 69, of Kirkfield with:
• Production of Marijuana
• Careless Storage of Firearm
• Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
• Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to a Prohibition Order
He was held for a bail hearing.
Investigators with DEU were assisted by OPP members from the Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), Emergency Response Team (ERT), K9 and officers from the City of Kawartha Lakes detachment.
(photo courtesy of City of Kawartha Lakes OPP)