Seven people have been arrested and more than $11,000 in narcotics and a handgun were seized in connection to drug trafficking in Durham Region.
Officers with the Durham Regional Police Service’s Drug Enforcement Unit began a street-level crack cocaine investigation earlier this month. They say they conducted numerous undercover buys from a primary suspect and one other male he was associated with. Last night, officers arrested three males as they left a bar on Simcoe Street North in Oshawa.
Search warrants were executed at two residences in Ajax. On Kidd Court, officers seized 75 grams of cocaine and more than $4,000 cash. On Woolf Crescent, they seized a loaded .32 calibre revolver.
- Kurtis Mcletchie, 29, of Kidd Court in Ajax is charged with: Trafficking; Possession for the Purpose Trafficking x2; Possession of Proceeds of Crime x2; Possession of Ecstasy; and Breach of Recognizance x4.
- Eric Francis, 29, of Woolf Crescent in Ajax, is charged with: Trafficking x3; Possession of Proceeds of Crime; Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm; Possession of a Loaded Firearm and Possession of Firearm Obtained by Crime.
- Daniel Kebede, 29, of Avondale Avenue in Toronto, is charged with: Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking and Possession of Proceeds of Crime.
- Saeed Savalanpour, 28, of Jarvis Street in Toronto, is charged with: Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking and Possession of Proceeds of Crime.
- Paulina Campbell, 61, Natasha Campbell, 27, Charlene Crawford, 25, all of Kidd Court in Ajax, are charged with: Possession for the Purpose Trafficking.
Anyone with new information is asked to call the Drug Enforcement Unit at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 5802. Anonymous information can be sent to Durham Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 and tipsters may be eligible for a $2,000 cash reward.