Man threatens to burn down ex’s house

Peterborough, ON, Canada / (CHEXTV)

A man has been charged after he entered his ex-common law wife’s home and threatened to burn it down on Saturday.

Kawartha Lakes Police Service say around 4:15 p.m., a woman called police to report that her former common-law husband had called her cellphone and told her that he had entered her residence located in the former Ops Township.

The victim was not home at the time of the telephone call but her call display indicated that the call was in fact coming from her residential landline.

During their conversation they became involved in a verbal dispute that escalated to the point where man threatened to burn the house down.

Police were contacted and attended at the residence where the man was arrested.

The man and the woman had been involved in a relationship that ended in September 2016. Since that time the man has been living elsewhere.

The 37-year-old man from Fenelon Township has been charged with being unlawfully in a dwelling house and uttering threats to cause damage to property.

He was held in custody and is scheduled for a bail hearin in Lindsay court on Monday (Jan. 9).

His identity is not being released to protect the privacy of the victim, police said.

Comments are closed.

Top Stories This Week

More