A 19-year-old Peterborough man is facing charges including robbery with violence following an altercation with his mother at a restaurant on Thursday morning.
At approximately 11:30 a.m. the man and his mother were at a Chemong Road restaurant when they became involved in a dispute.
During the dispute it was reported that the man assaulted his mother, grabbed her purse and fled the restaurant.
Two concerned citizens driving in the area at the time saw man fleeing the restaurant and attempted to pursue and catch the man. When they attempted to intervene and talk to the man, he threatened them.
When police officers arrived in the area they located the victim. A short time later the accused was located in the area of Aylmer and Bennet Streets.
The man was arrested and charged with the following:
• Robbery with violence
• Two counts of uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm
• Mischief under $5,000 (for damage caused to a cell area at the police station)
• Fail to comply with a recognizance
• Fail to comply with a sentence
• Three counts of fail to comply with a probation order
The accused was held in custody and is scheduled to appear in court later today (March 10).
In order to protect the identity of the victim in this domestic-related incident the name of the accused will not be released.