Peterborough Police have a suspect in custody wanted in connection with a shooting that took place on Friday night (March 10) at a rooming house at the corner of Water and London Street.
The incident sent one man to PRHC who was later airlifted to Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto where he remains in stable condition. Police say the incident was not a random attack and there is no known risk to the public.
A suspect was located in Oshawa on Saturday where he was arrested with assistance by Durham Region Police Service.
On Monday, police outlined the charges for Julian Graham, 35, of no fixed address.
He is charged with:
• Aggravated assault
• Pointing a firearm
• Discharge a restricted/prohibited firearm with intent
• Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
• Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
• Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order X3
• Careless use of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
• Fire arm – use while committing offence
Graham appeared in weekend and statutory holiday court on Sunday. He was remanded in custody and is scheduled to appear in court again via video on March 20.
The investigation continues.