A late morning fire has destroyed a home in the village of Keene.
Flames could be seen coming from the roof when firefighters arrived to the scene on McGregor Bay Road.
Otonabee South Monaghan Fire Chief Ted Bryan said no one was home at the time. A dog was rescued and treated at the scene but a cat remains missing.
He said one firefighter was taken to hospital due to exhaustion. Crews managed to keep the fire from spreading an attached garage but the house has been destroyed, Bryan said.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.