A high-speed police pursuit through Peterborough County ended with the arrest of a Havelock man on Saturday.
Peterborough County OPP say the driver of a black Dodge Ram pickup truck first failed to stop for Peterborough police that morning.
Around 10 a.m. the vehicle was located in the village of Havelock. Extra officers were called after the vehicle fled away.
Police say at one point the truck veered towards an OPP cruiser and narrowly avoided a collision and drove onto a lawn of a home.
Central Hastings OPP were also called to assist in the pursuit. Police finally utilized a spike belt on County Road 46 which helped to successfully stop the truck and arrest the driver south on County Road 30.
Leroy Keith Parker, 20, has been charged with:
- Dangerous operation of a vehicle
- Flight from police
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 (stolen licence plate)
- Possess ion of a schedule II controlled substance (marijuana)
- Assault police officer with a weapon (veering his vehicle at an officer)
- Mischief to property under $5000 (damage to front yard)
- Drive under suspension
Parker will also face charges in relation to events in the City of Peterborough earlier in the day. The Peterborough Police Service laid additional charges that include:
• Dangerous operation of a vehicle (two counts)
• Flight from police (two counts)
He was held in custody pending a show cause hearing scheduled for later today in Peterborough court.