WOLF / CHEX BACKYARD BONANZA RULES
THE WOLF/CHEX BACKYARD BONANZA CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of the province of Ontario;
- be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence or older at the time of entry;
- to enter online as outlined in section 3 (a) (ii), be a member of CHEX Newswatcher Club (the “Club”). To join the Club, visit chextv.com (the “Contest Website”) and complete the form in full;
- be a homeowner of a residential property within fifty (50) kilometer radius of the City of Peterborough; and
- be willing and able to accept the Prize as awarded.
Employees of 591989 B. C. Ltd. operating CKWF-FM (the “Station”), 591987 B.C. Ltd. d.b.a. CHEX-TV (the “TV Station”), and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (together with the Station and TV Station, “Corus”), Alf Curtis Home Improvements, Grant Drew Designer Stone Inc., P.E. Cowan Limited, The Clearing House, Roto Spa Incorporated, Heming Lawn and Garden Equipment Ltd. and their affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively, “Advertisers” and together with Corus, the “Sponsors”), advertising and promotional agencies, and/or the household members of any of the above are not eligible to enter.
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 20, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 27, 2017 (the “Contest Period“) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
- HOW TO ENTER.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using two (2) the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
- Listen to the Station Mondays to Fridays between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. ET (except on April 14, 2017) for the Backyard Bonanza sounder to be played (the “Cue to Call”). Upon hearing the Cue to Call, listeners are invited to call (705) 740-9653 (the “Contest Line”). A random numbered caller, as chosen by the on-air host, who gets through to the Contest Line will qualify to enter the Prize draw (each a “Station Qualifier”). There will be four (4) Cue to Calls per weekday.
- Once a Club member, watch the TV Station programming weekdays (except on April 14, 2017) at the following times: the Morning Show between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. ET; CHEX Daily @ 5 between 5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET; and CHEX News @ 6 between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. ET (each a “Program”). When you see the image of the Backyard Bonanza Number of the Day (the “Contest Cue”) on the screen, visit the Contest page on the Contest Website, click on the corresponding Program you are watching, and complete the Contest entry form in full including the Contest Cue displayed (each an “Online Entry”).
Each weekday during the Contest Period in Peterborough, Ontario (except on April 14, 2017 when the draw will take place on the next business day), one (1) eligible Online Entry will be randomly selected from each Program from the previous weekday’s entries up to and including at 11:59 p.m. ET and qualify to enter the Prize draw (each a “TV Station Qualifier”). Online Entries will not rollover to subsequent weekdays.
NOTE: The TV Station has a programming agreement with CTV. From time to time, programming may be delayed or pre-empted due to CTV programming decisions. Sponsors assume no responsibility for entrants not making timely entries or being unable to participate in the Contest during an aforementioned Program as a result of CTV programming changes.
- Limit of one (1) Online Entry per household per Program per 24-hour period; however, once deemed a Station Qualifier or a TV Station Qualifier, only one (1) entry to the Prize draw is permitted during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
- All entries, become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. Unless otherwise set out herein, no communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential winner.
- Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with their entry.
- Streaming listeners may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal, which may vary depending on the device on which you are listening and the speed of the internet connection. Sponsors recommend turning on a radio to the Station for the Cue to Call. Sponsors assume no liability for entrants not making timely phone calls to the Station due to delays in the streamed signal.
- If the telephone connection between the Station announcer and an entrant is not clear, such that the announcer and/or entrant cannot hear each other or the entrant is disconnected, that entrant may, in the sole discretion of the Sponsors, be disqualified and the Releasees (defined below) will not be liable in any way.
- There is one (1) prize (“Prize”) available to be won by the Prize winner (“Prize Winner”) consisting of the following:
- One (1) gift card from Alf Curtis Home Improvements, located at 370 Parkhill Rd, East Peterborough, Ontario for the following items:
- One (1) Pride Family® cushioned chat patio set including two (2) chairs, one (1) side table, one (1) love seat, and one (1) coffee table;
- One (1) Lifetime® 30”x72”x29” folding picnic table; and
- Twelve (12) solar mini pathway light (Black).
- One (1) gift certificate from The Clearing House, located at 855 Clonsilla Ave, Peterborough Ontario for a NAPOLEON LEX 485RSIBSS Propane BBQ with infrared side and rear burner, BBQ cover, and a three (3) piece BBQ tool set;
- One (1) gift certificate from Grant Drew Designer Stone, located 2078 Davis Rd. Peterborough, Ontario in the amount of One Thousand Canadian dollars (CDN$1,000.00) towards the purchase of any Canyon Stone Canada manufactured stone veneer of choice;
- One (1) gift certificate from Heming Lawn and Garden, located at 2068 Lansdowne Street West, Peterborough, Ontario for a TORO self-propelled lawnmower;
- One (1) gift certificate from Roto Spa, located at 1565 8th Line, Lakefield, Ontario for a Roto Spa hot tub week rental (pre-selected colour, delivery included); and
- One (1) gift card from Weed Man Peterborough, located at 809 Clonsilla Avenue, Peterborough, Ontario in the amount of Five Hundred Canadian dollars (CDN$500.00).
- The Prize has an approximate value of Four Thousand Five-Hundred and Thirty Canadian dollars and Seventy-Eight cents (CDN$4,530.78).
- The terms by which the gift cards/gift certificates may be redeemed are governed by the individual retailer or service provider. Corus is not responsible for administering or ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions relating to the gift cards/gift certificates.
- Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
- Winner may claim Prize at the Station studios in Peterborough, Ontario on May 5, 2017 and Winner must arrange and coordinate the fulfilment of the Prize directly with the Advertisers.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS.
- Winner will be responsible for all incidental costs and expenses not explicitly included in the Prize, including without limitation, costs above the value of the gift cards/gift certificates, delivery and installation of manufactured stone, maintenance, any incidental or additional work or labour services, upgrades, any permits, licenses or other authorizations required (including any of their associated costs, taxes, accessories or items of a personal nature) and any other expense not explicitly included in the Prize.
- Without limiting the generality of Section 5 (a), the Releasees, as defined below, are not responsible for any costs or fees associated with any hidden or unforeseen work required or recommended that is discovered in the redemption of the Prize or Prize elements (the “Hidden or Unforeseen Work”). All cost and fees in connection with the Hidden or Unforeseen Work is Winner’s sole responsibility.
- The Prize elements may only be used once: there is no forwarding balance after the first time use. All Prize portions must be fully redeemed by July 31, 2017 unless otherwise indicated by an Advertiser, failure to redeem the Prize as outlined above will result in forfeiture of the Prize.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of a Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and the Sponsors shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
- WINNER SELECTION.
One (1) Winner shall be selected as follows:
- On or about April 28, 2017 in Peterborough, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from the pool of all eligible Station Qualifiers and TV Station Qualifiers received during the Contest Period. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
- The odds of being selected as a potential winner are one (1) in one-hundred and ninety-six (196).
- THE SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL NO LATER THAN MAY 1, 2017 AT 12:00 P.M. ET AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone or e-mail (as specified in the notification) to the contact number or e-mail address provided no later than the indicated deadline set out in the Contest Rules and/or the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond accordingly, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
- Winner will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest Website.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and made available at the Station and TV Station’s studios, located at 151 King Street, Peterborough, Ontario and 743 Monaghan Road, Peterborough Ontario throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Website or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Corus property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsors or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her name, mailing address, age range, telephone number and e-mail address (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner and coordinating the provision of the Prizes; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii)
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations is owned by the Sponsors and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
- These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- SOCIAL MEDIA. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Twitter. Any personal information provided in connection with the Contest is being provided to Corus and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Corus.