Updated: Smitty’s reopens after fire in broom-closet

Peterborough, ON, Canada / (CHEXTV)

Updated Monday February 20 1 p.m. Smitty’s reopened for business in Peterborough a fire in a broom closet on Thursday. The owner, Todd Kralik, says a faulty vacuum cleaner was the cause.

Original story:

Crews were called to a fire at Smitty’s on George St. North in Peterborough Thursday night.

Fire officials say when they arrived around 10:30 p.m. smoke was venting from the front entrance and the roof line.

Crews contained the fire to one section of the restaurant. There was minor smoke and water damage to the rest of the building.

Damage is estimated at $15K. The cause has yet to be determined.

Comments are closed.

Top Stories This Week

More