Northumberland OPP weekend briefs:
• Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at a Hamilton Twp. home where they located an injured woman. A man fled the home upon seeing police and was later arrested when he returned to the home. The 25-year-old local area man is charged with two counts of forcible confinement; spousal assault; unlawfully in dwelling house; fail to comply with probation order (3 counts) and fail to comply with undertaking. He was held for a bail hearing scheduled for June 5. Name withheld to protect the identity of the victim who received not life threatening injuries.
• A 63-year-old Hastings man was arrested and charged with Failing to Comply with Conditions of a Recognizance after he repeatedly walked passed a location he was to stay away from in Hastings. He was held for a bail hearing scheduled June 5.
• A resident on Walas St. in Brighton reported damage to a rear sliding door in an apparent attempt to gain entry into the house between 9:30 a.m. – noon. Investigation ongoing.
• Police attended an address in Alnwick-Haldimand Twp where a man had reportedly been assaulted by four persons while out for a walk. The 27-year-old victim was transported to a nearby hospital with extensive, non-life threatening injuries. Investigation ongoing.
• Two youths, age 15 & 16 yrs from Hillier, Ont., were arrested and charged with Possession of Property Obtained by Crime – Under $5,000 (three counts) and Engage in prohibited activity on premises contrary to the Trespass to Property Act after reports were received of persons stealing from unlocked vehicles on County Rd 2 in Brighton.
• A property owner on Honey Rd in Cramahe Twp reported the theft of a chainsaw and tools from his garage sometime overnight. Investigation ongoing.
• A 51-year-old Alnwick-Haldimand Twp. man was arrested for being intoxicated in a public place after an occupant of a Hamilton Twp. home reported him banging on the residence door. He was held at the Cobourg OPP detachment until sober.
• A resident on Old Wooler Rd in Brighton reported a shed broken in to sometime overnight. Two bicycles, a Stihl gas powered weed trimmer and a Poulan chainsaw were stolen. Investigation ongoing.
• A business on Purdy Rd in Cramahe Twp. reported a break-in that occurred sometime in the past two days. An inventory of items taken was not available at time of this release. Investigation ongoing.
OPP officers also investigated 10 accidental 911 calls, 14 motor vehicle collisions, 50 traffic-related complaints and conducted three RIDE programs over the weekend.